Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Belleview Park Goslings and Ducklings

Family of Canada Geese at Belleview Park, Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Canada


The other day my Dad and I had to go do a curbside pickup.  I order almost all of the stuff we need online, and get it delivered or else book a slot for curbside pickup. I have to go with my Dad because he doesn't have a smart phone and I need the phone to show the receipt at most places.

On the way home, I asked if we could stop at the park so I could walk around and get some fresh air, and see the river.


Luckily my Dad agreed and it was a gorgeous day; warm but not hot, with a nice breeze.  Best of all, the ducks and geese had babies!  I love seeing the fuzzy ducklings and goslings so very much!


The geese were way out in the river and I called to them and told them they had a beautiful family, and they swam right over to me.



They even got out of the river.


The babies walked right up to me.  They were so cute and so fluffy!  I wish I would have had some birdseeds with me.


The duckpond was a lovely shade of green, because of the trees reflecting on the water.



I just love the way the water looks.


So pretty!


I was able to walk right up to this seagull!  I was inches away.  I swear he was posing for me, lol.

It was so nice to see blue sky, water, and green grass and trees.  I wished I could have stayed there forever.


On the way back to the truck, I saw a big freighter in the St. Mary's river.

I zoomed in...

And then zoomed in even more, to see the name of the ship.


It was so cool!


I didn't want to leave...


But Dad was waiting in the truck.  He didn't feel like walking and said he had a nice time sitting in the truck, watching the river.

When I got home the sun was setting.

It was a lovely day.

I hope you are all OK and staying safe. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment