Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, October 17, 2022

Watercolor Pencil Beta Fish (Today's Art)

 Beta Fish in Watercolor Pencil

First Try: AGPTEK Watercolor Pencils

AGPTEK Watercolor Pencils, try #1


Second Try: Arteza WaterColor Pencils

Arteza Watercolor Pencils, expert, try #2


So, I saw this tutorial on Youtube by the talented Emily Olson Art. 

I watched the tutorial and it was great, but Emily gave us the link to the reference photo she used so I just looked at the reference photo and tried it myself.  I may go back and try it with the actual tutorial, lol, but I'm pretty happy with my fish, but need to learn how to do a better background.

The Arteza watercolor pencils have a much nicer feel to them than the AGPTEK; they don't crumble or break and they feel creamier.  However, the AGPTEK look good, and have lovely colors too.  I do enjoy using the Arteza better, but it's just that they feel better, and also, they have color names and numbers, whereas the cheaper set does not.

I had fun doing these, and although I'm happy with my results,  I'm hoping I'll get better over time.  I have loads of tutorials to watch on Youtube, which is great.   


No comments:

Post a Comment