Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Day 4 Italian Coast VR Bike Tour, 17 km


 Day 4 Italian Coast VR Cycling Tour, 17 km

Oculus Quest 2 + Magene Sensor + VZ Fit Explorer = VR cycling...the opportunity to cycle the world on an exercise bike, in Virtual Reality

Today's section of the map started out with tunnels. LOTS of tunnels. Even more than yesterday.  
Sometimes I'd just get out of a tunnel, see a bit of blue sky and sea, and then head right back in to another tunnel. And another.  
After the tunnels, the route took me up high into the mountains. 
There were some pretty villages.

And lots of mountain views. 
There were some coastal views, but a lot of the coast was hidden because in many places, the trees grew too tall and thick to see through. 
The route also took me down super narrow streets. 
And super winding streets. There were a few wonky bits, where the bike fell below the map a bit, but they didn't last long. 


It wasn't my favorite portion of the ride, but it was nice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment