Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, January 3, 2021

December VR Cycling

 December VR Cycling Stats

Strava VR cycling Stats for December


I got my cadence sensor in December and started VR cycling immediately.  I a loving VZ Fit Explore so much, and I'm getting some much needed exercise.  


Here are my completed maps for December, plus a photo of my house in VR.  It makes me smile that I can start a ride at my house, like I would on my outside bike.  One of my first rides was from my home to Belleview Park, a ride I do normally on my outside bike. Now that there's snow on the ground, I can't use my outside bike, so I just love that I can still ride indoors, yet feel like I'm riding outside. 








 I did a full week of Lake Superior VR rides along the Trans Canada highway, also starting from my house, and heading north.  I passed the turn to our family cottage, which we call camp, as well as several pretty beaches.  
I also tried a really gorgeous Hawaii ride, which was my favorite ride to that point. It was also my longest ride to that point. 
I did another local ride too, from my house to the Sault Locks Canal; I ride I often do in real life. 
Dec. 21-Dec 22 2020


I don't know how many km I did the week before, but from Dec. 21st to Dec. 22, I  did 88.7 km.

I am much faster on my exercise bike than on my normal bike, about twice as fast,  likely because my outside bike is super heavy, and it's a comfort bike, not a racing bike.  I'm not pushing any weight on the exercise bike, and there's no elevation, so I'm faster.  I was going to try to make it slower, to match my outdoor speed, but then I discovered that there are over 10 million MILES of roads for me to explore, so slowing down would be a mistake.  I'd like to explore as much as I can so I'll leave the pace as is, for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment