Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, June 27, 2021

My First (VERY Short) Comic Strip

 So this is Day3 of learning digital art on Clip Studio Paint.  

I'm still having a blast. 

First Life with Smokey Comic strip

I learned how to do speech and thought balloons; yay!


I also learned how to put backgrounds on text (the white surrounding the word "crunch") and although it took forever, I learned how to change the text into a raster layer so I could select it with the lasso tool and rotate it .  Happy days, lol.


I just hope I can retain the info.  I'm learning so much, and if I can even retain one thing out of every 3 things I learn, I'll be happy, lol.  


Smokey HAS actually chewed my books before, and she does know how to say "No" and responds to my questions, so this is semi realistic, although to be honest I just added the book because her wing/arms looked weird without holding something.


I had a bit of a hard time with the book but I sketched everything out before doing the line drawing (the black lines).  My hands are still shaky but I discovered the STABILIZATION tool, which really, really helps.


It takes me way longer than I'd like to do these little drawings.  I watch real artists on YouTube and am blown away by how fast they can draw.  It's amazing...like watching magic.  I'm sure I'll get faster with practice, and that I'll get better with practice.  




No comments:

Post a Comment