Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, December 6, 2021

Winter Scenery with Birds

Winter Scenery with Birds




 I really enjoyed doing this tutorial by Tatiana from Tatyworks on Youtube. It took me 4 hours and 16 minutes to do the original painting in green, white, and black, and then another half hour or so to play around with the color balance to get this color, which I like a lot better. 
Winter Scenery original colors


I think I like stylized art the best; it sort of reminds me of storybooks i used to read as a child.  Like a cross between realism and fantasy? 

I don't know, I just like it, lol.

This was a very challenging tutorial for me, and I got frustrated at times...not with the drawing, that was fine, but with my memory.  You'd think I could remember something I listen to 5 seconds after hearing it, but no, i had to keep stopping and replaying every bit of the tutorial. 
 I keep forgetting how to use Procreate. I need to use it more frequently. I really let a lot of time go by between this painting/drawing and the last.  Oops. 

There were supposed to be berries on the little bush that the bird is sitting on. I drew them but they disappeared when I merged the layers.  I didn't notice they were gone until just this second, lol.  I can add them back tomorrow; I'm too tired now, and also, I need to charge my Ipad.



If you want to try this tutorial, you can find it here: Winter Scenery by Tatyworks

No comments:

Post a Comment