Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Crocheted Christmas Ornaments, Set of 3

Crocheted Christmas  Ornaments

Crocheted Christmas Ornaments 2021


I had so much fun making these cute little Christmas Ornaments.
I started with the penguin, using light grey and white, with a tiny bit of yellow for the beak. The eyes are embroidered on; French knots.
Next came little Santa, to look over Mr. Penguin
And finally, a Reindeer.


The pattern works very well, and I still have 2 more characters to make, a bear and a Yeti.  I'm still very slow at crocheting since I broke my finger and it healed up all crooked.  In the past I would have been able to make the whole set in a few hours.   Now it takes me maybe 4 or 5 times longer than it used to; it took me all day to make these three, and I just finished and it's almost 2 AM. 

If you want to try the pattern, it's by Amy Gaines, and can be found on Etsy. Amiguri Christmas Crochet 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment