Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Today's Procreate Art, an Original by me, lol: Christmas Squirrel on an Icy Pond

 Christmas Squirrel on an Icy Pond

Christmas Squirrel on an Icy Pond, digital art on Procreate by me, Kathy Schopp

I've been doing a lot of Procreate tutorials on youtube since mid September, and I decided to try something on my own today, using techniques I've learned.

I'm really happy with the way this came out.   I experimented with a lot of different brushes.  I did the trees with the fine nozzle spraypaint brush.  I used different texture brushes for the texture, and I used the Sable brush for the squirrels fur.  These brushes all came with procreate.  I only drew the tree once, and cut and pasted and warped and resized them, and also flipped them around so they were facing different directions. 

I need to figure out how to crop the photo because I'd like to crop out some of the sky.  When I was drawing I made the canvas bigger and then forgot the top existed, lol.  I added clouds but would like to cut it out and make the painting end just above the tree line.

I used this photo of a squirrel for reference.  I had it open on my computer to look at while I drew on my Ipad.  I know there's a way to use reference photos on the ipad but I forgot how, lol.


I greatly simplified the squirrel by drawing shapes...mostly ovals, for the head, body, and legs. I wanted mine standing up straighter than the image above so I just straightened his little back. I could have shaded the squirrel more but I didn't want it too realistic looking.  I'm very happy with the way it turned out.  I hope you like it too, and that it makes you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment