Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, June 4, 2010

New Kenmore Sewing Machine, woohoo!

Well, I bought a brand new Kenmore 167 stitch computerized sewing machine today and I LOVE it!!!
I was a little worried that maybe it would be too  hard for me, but I brought it home, watched the video a few times, and pulled it out.  I had no trouble winding the bobbin, loading the bobbin, or threading the machine.

I decided to make a simple project that I was drawn to when I was searching the Internet earlier this week.  It's a purse organizer, and I found the free pattern here:  http://thegivingflower.de/?page_id=78

Here's my new machine, and my new purse organizer in the open position:

NewKenmoreandfirstproject003.jpg picture by puppyloveable

And here it is, all wrapped up and ready to go.  I can't believe how much I can pack into it!

NewKenmoreandfirstproject004.jpg


I even monogrammed my name onto this, but I used a light pink thread because I didn't want to mess up if I made a mistake, so it doesn't show up in the pic.  I can see it in real life though.

I had to switch to the satin presser foot and  I was a bit stressed out over trying, but it worked out fine and was super simple to switch feet.

I bought a ton of bobbins and extra needles, and even though this machine came with 10 feet, I bought a walking foot...the only foot that wasn't included.

I'm really happy with this machine and I'm really looking forward to learning how to sew on it.

Woohoo!

LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment