Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Making Hagrid a Hut in plastic canvas, dollhouse sized

Inner wall for Hagrid Hut dollhouse in plastic canvas
 I am having so much fun with this project!  I finished the first inner wall for Hagrid's Hut. I made it in plastic canvas.  It has a built in bench with room for storage underneath, and build in shelves, one with doors and a towel rod.  The finishing touches will come later.  I had a hard time making the shelves crooked, lol, but I managed.  I didn't want it too perfect because the real Hagrid's Hut is a bit of a mess inside.  I'll have to buy more brown yarn, as the only brown that I have in quantity is too fuzzy (you can see it on the back walls).  I'm making the inner doorway wall next, then the fireplace wall.
Needle felted Hagrid with Plastic canvas hut wall
Here's Hagrid in front of his new wall. He seems to like it :-).

I can't wait until the hut is done, so I can work on miniatures to go inside. I found a tutorial online for the cutest wizard book, with a bulging eye.  
Here's a link if you want to try it, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36z9GUJt_-E

I'm also going to make a mini Monster book of Monsters, and a Care of Hippogriffs book, a broom, a cage with an owl or other animal, a Hogwarts crest, a wand, some potions, and that screaming plant...mandrake root, lol.

I've been sick with asthma and unable to move around very much, so this is a good project to keep my occupied.

Have a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment