Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Thursday, April 27, 2017

12 Weeks Post Op RNY, already lost 45% of my Excess Weight!

Hi Guys,

I am 12 weeks, or 3 months, post op now!  So hard to believe that 3 months has gone by since my RNY gastric bypass surgery!

I went from 304 Lbs to 230.2 Lbs, since starting Optifast on January 11th, in preparation for surgery.  That's a total of 73.8 Lbs gone!  Woohoo!  I'm so happy about that.

I met with the dietician for an hour via telehealth today, for my 3 month post op visit, and it went really well. She said I am doing great, and that I've already lost 45% of my excess weight.  She said most patients don't lose 45% of their excess weight until 6 months post op, so I'm ahead of the game!
I'm so pleased as I've really been working hard; following all of the rules for eating and drinking, and getting plenty of exercise.

I joined the local pool and started swimming laps, an hour each time, in addition to bike riding and walking. 

I've gone from a size 4 or 5X to a size 1X top, and also a 1X bottom. Soon I'll be out of the X sizes and into regular sizes, and I cannot wait!  I'll be able to save so much money because the X sizes cost so much more.
Me, Christmas 2017, and last week, April 2017

 The above photo shows me, before RNY surgery, and now.  The first photo was taken this past Christmas, and the second photo was taken last week (April, 2017). 



No comments:

Post a Comment