Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, July 24, 2023

New Intex Challenger K1 Inflatable Kayak

 My New Kayak is Awesome!

Today I took my new Intex Challenger K1 inflatable kayak out for the first time.  It didn't take long to blow up (maybe 10 minutes), and the included pump worked great for the actual kayak, but it did not fit the seat piece or the little corner piece that fits inside. I have asthma and was able to blow up the seat piece OK, but the little corner piece was hard.
I went to Mark's Bay and it was my first time seeing Mark's Bay from this perspective; I'm usually on the shore, looking out 
It was a gorgeous late afternoon/early evening. I went for a swim first, for about an hour, then put the kayak together while I was nice and cool from the lake. It was my first time swimming at Mark's Bay; I usually go to Pointe Des Chenes to swim, but that beach is far from the parking lot, and Mark's Bay is nice and close. 
I had got to the beach at around 4:30, quarter to five, and stayed until almost about 9.
The kayak was comfy but my feet rubbed right up against the edge. I'm only 5'4" and I don't think this would suit anyone taller. 
It was nice and stable and very comfy, and surprisingly fast. 
I haven't kayaked in years, and have only actually tried it a few times in my life.  I am more used to rowboats and canoes. I really love kayaking though.
Mark's Bay is perfect because it is a sandy beach, and pretty shallow. The water was calm and I made it around the bay quickly. 
I saw a cool bird with a big wing span, but it was too far away to make out what type of bird it was.  I didn't have my good camera with the zoom lens, just my phone (which took these pics).
I met a nice lady named Debbie while I was out there and we swam together. She waited for me while I kayaked, which was nice of her. There she is on the shore (below).

I kayaked until the sun dropped below the tree line, and then I figured I should stop as I wasn't sure how long it would take to dry off, let the air out, and pack up.
The sunset was gorgeous. 
The kayak was very hard to get out of and I ended up just rolling out into the water, lol.  I got some water in the kayak getting out so I'll have to learn how to get out better. It was hard to get the air out because I had screwed on the lids too tightly and couldn't get them open. Thankfully a young man came and helped me out.  I didn't bother deflating it all the way; I just waited for the air to come out enough to fold it in half and shove it in my back seat. I plan to go back out again tomorrow.

All in all, I am very glad I got this during Amazon Prime days for half price. It was totally worth the $89.00 I paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment