Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Brand New Gaming Laptop, Acer Predator Helios Neo 16!

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16


 I am so excited! My brand new Gaming laptop arrived in the mail today, and it's so cool.  It's the big brother to my old gaming laptop, an Acer Nitro 5, which is now 7 years old.  My old one has Windows 10 and can't upgrade to 11 because it's too old, and Windows 10 is being discontinued so there won't be any more updates.

My new Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 seems really cool.  It already makes this old one seem so much slower.  I love new electronics, but I hate transferring all of my photos, etc. That's a real drag. I bought One Drive so I can upload to the cloud but don't really know how to use it. I will have to learn.

My new laptop has great specs. Here they are: 

Acer Predator Helios NEO 16" Gaming Laptop - Black (Intel Core i7-13700HX/1TB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX4060/Win11)

Model: PHN16-71-7884
Web Code: 17042194

It should run games well, and also be strong enough for video editing, which I need. 
I am so happy about it.
I'll write more when I have used it more.  I just wanted to pop in.  I have an unboxing video coming.
This is what it says about the laptop on the Bestbuy ad: 
  • 5GHz Intel Core i7-13700HX 16-core CPU and 16GB DDR5 RAM give you all the power you need to play games, create and edit content, tackle multiple tasks, and more
  • 1TB solid state drive ensures file handling as well as quick game loading, and provides safe storage for your data
  • Dedicated 8GB NVIDIA RTX 4060 graphics card can handle high gaming graphics, process complex visual effects and grant you the power to do much more than before
  • Enjoy crisp and brightly hued visuals in 1920 x 1200 resolution and smooth 165Hz refresh rate on the 16-inch IPS display
  • Equipped with Ethernet port and integrated Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) for superfast connectivity to the internet or wired networks for online multiplayer gaming, file sharing, and more
  • Integrated Bluetooth 5.1 lets you listen to music or hear your game audio wirelessly over paired Bluetooth headsets or speakers
  • Two USB Type-C Port (Thunderbolt 4), two USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, HDMI 2.1 port, Display Port through USB-C, microSD card reader, digital audio output, and headphone/speaker/line-out jack provide comprehensive connectivity for a wide range of compatible devices
  • VR Ready gaming laptop is well equipped to meet the demanding resources needed for playing virtual reality games
  • 90Wh lithium ion battery allows up to 3.5 hours of operation without being plugged to an external power source
  • Microsoft Windows 11 Home operating system comes with significant upgrades in performance and advanced security features
  • See every key when you are in the dark thanks the backlit keyboard of this laptop

I wanted to copy and paste because I will forget all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment