Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, January 6, 2020

Instant Pot Viva Unboxing

I Asked for an Instant Pot for Christmas

And Santa, my dear father, ran out and got it for me right away, after getting the go ahead from Mrs. Santa, my Mom, lol.

I opened it on Christmas morning and was thrilled! 
New Instant Pot for Christmas!
I eagerly read blogs and watched YouTube videos showing the many MANY recipes that can be made in the instant pot, but didn't open it because I also got the Oculus Go, a virtual reality headset for Christmas and have been spending a LOT of time in virtual reality, lol.  Also, between Christmas, New Years, and other family parties, the house was FULL of food and I didn't need to cook anything else.

But now the holidays are over so last night I finally unboxed my lonely instant pot. First carried the very large, very heavy box to the dining room table.  The box has a convenient handle so it was no problem, despite the size and weight.
I read the box and discovered that there is a FREE app I can download onto my phone that has over 500 recipes!  I downloaded the app and it's awesome! 
 Next I opened the box lid and saw a list of accessories.  I was very happy to see the instant pot viva came with the trivet, and a few little spoons and a measuring cup.  Both spoons have a slot on the back for turning the steam release valve, which is great because I was worried about how to do that without (potentially) burning myself.

 I took everything out of the box and was impressed by the thickness of the manual and recipe book!  There were warnings literally EVERYWHERE though, which made me worry a bit.
 Here's a shot of everything out of the box and on the table. I wish it hadn't been so dark out because even with the flash, it's hard to show how beautiful the red is.  It's a dark candy apple red.  So even if I suck at cooking in this thing, I'll have something pretty to look at, lol.
 Finally, last but not least, here it is!  The red is so beautiful!  I love my instant pot!
My new Instant Pot Viva
Hopefully I'll figure out how to use it, lol. 


No comments:

Post a Comment