Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Crocheting for Shelter Dogs and Cats

Christmas Crochet Gifts for Shelter Pets

Christmas crochet for shelter pets

I was busy for the whole month of December and part of November

Crocheting these adorable gifts for the shelter dogs and cats at our local humane society.

The mice were for the cats, and the larger food themed toys (except for the duck, lol) were for the dogs.
My hamster, Dasha, checking out the mice.

My Siberian dwarf hamster, Dasha, gave her mousie seal of approval to the mice, lol.  Actually, she just wanted to fight them.

Crocheted pie, gingerbread man, and cheeseburger
I found most of the patterns for free on Ravelry.com, but all of the hamburger patterns came in a zillion pieces that had to be sewn together, so I just made up the cheeseburger pattern on my own.  I'll share the pattern in another blog post :-).  
Crocheted ice cream cone, donut, and hotdot
 I had a lot of fun making these toys.  I made the hotdog toy for my dog, Mac, years ago, and it brought back bitter sweet memories.  I miss my dogs.  They all had good long lives though, and I have happy memories.
Crocheted dog bone, turkey drumstick, and mallard

       The dog bone cracked me up because I was crocheting mindlessly while watching Netflix, not really paying attention to what I was doing until the pattern told me I had to stuff the bone before I could make the top portion.  This is what I ended up with...
This is the point in the pattern where we're told to stuff the dog bone.  I just about died at what appeared after I stuffed it, lolol.
I just about died laughing.  I shared this pic (above) on Facebook and all of my friends got a good laugh at it too, lol.

Here's a link to my Ravelry project page.  You can find links to all of the patterns I used there.  They were all free :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment