Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My latest reborn baby girl

Reborn Lucy sculpt
I just put this little doll together today, and I'm so pleased with the way she turned out.  I worked hard on this doll over the past week, and I think this is the fastest I've ever made a doll.  I painted and baked for 8 hours a day for 3 days, then rooted for several days.  It took another day to seal the hair, lips, and nails, and after she was dry, I put her together. 
Reborn Lucy Sculpt

I couldn't get any good photos this evening because it's dark and dreary outside.  We really needed the rain t hough, so I can't complain.
Reborn Lucy sculpt
I've been busy painting dolls and dollhouse parts this week, plus rooting and sanding.  It will feel really nice to relax in my recliner while I crochet an outfit for this doll.  I always like to make special hand made outfits for them before I sell them on ebay.  I just have to choose an outfit. I have several cute dress patterns to choose from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment