Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, January 2, 2017

Christmas Day 2016

We had a nice quiet Christmas this year.

It started with my little dog Benji waking me up at 3 AM, 3:30 AM, and 4 AM because he wanted to open his presents, lol.
Benji in the early hours of Christmas Morning, wanting his presents.
 I managed to get him to go back to sleep until morning. I was pleasantly surprised that he even noticed it was Christmas because he is 16 and a half years old, is partially blind and deaf and sleeps most of the day. 
Benji diving head first into one of his gift bags.
 Ben was very happy when he was finally allowed to get at his gifts, lol.  He looked adorable in his new Santa sweater.
 My Dad complained that he had too many gifts to open.
 But he seemed to appreciate them.
 The toque I crocheted for him was a bit big but fit OK.  Dad picked out the pattern and colors himself. Just about everything he owns is either blue, grey, or red, lol.
 Mom opened her presents under the tree while Benji looked on.

 She really liked the purple top.


 I opened my gifts last.  My main gift was my new exercise bike, but I also got two cute hoodies, a watch, some bath oils and creams, and loads of chocolate.

Dad and Ben

Smokey opening gifts under the tree
 Smokey enjoyed opening her gifts.  She shredded the small gift bag to get at the toy inside.
Smokey with her new musical guitar toy
We had a lovely day, and a wonderful dinner later on.  It was weird not having my Uncle Buck with us, but he had shingles and felt awful so had to stay home. It was our first Christmas without him since I was born 52 years ago, and probably longer than that (I'd have to ask my Mom).


No comments:

Post a Comment