Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, October 2, 2022

Butterfly Leaf original art on Procreate...sort of Pop Art Style

Trying a New Art Style - Pop Art


Butterfly Leaf by Kathy Schopp



So I am relatively new to art (about a year with Procreate) and I am finally starting to learn a bit about art styles.  I love landscapes, children's illustration (story book) style, and lately I've been enjoying the vibrant colors of pop art.  Although I'm not up to doing faces yet...even comic faces, I thought I'd use some of the bright colors and try something of my own.

It's fall, and the leaves are starting to change, and on my walk yesterday I thought some of the leaves were fluttering about like butterflies, and so....meet my butterfly leaf, lol.

I had so much fun making this, and will probably try it again with differently shaped leaves, and backgrounds.

I also learned that my Ipad does mini videos of my work, which is really cool.  It took much longer than it appears in the video, lol.  It's in two parts because first I did the sketch, and then I did the colors on a separate canvas so I could recolor the sketch another time if I want to.










No comments:

Post a Comment