Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Fun Art with Watercolor Pencils: Sunset Landscape

 I bought some budget Watercolor Pencils!

APGTEK vs Artist Loft Watercolor Pencils


OK, so I'm NOT an artist but I love art and am always up for learning new things  

I purchased two sets of watercolor pencils; first a set of 48 from Amazon, called AGPTEK Watercolor pencils
I did a video on them and you can find it here: 

This is a cool set of 48 colors, and cost $26.99 Canadian from Amazon.ca.  

Then a few days later I went to Michaels and found another, smaller set of  24 Artist's Loft watercolor pencils on sale for only $5.99. 

The Amazon set has more colors, a nice case, some sketching pencils, a paintbrush, and a waterbrush, which is cool, and the colors are nice, but I think the cheaper Artist's loft pencils are about the same.  

Like I said though, I'm not an artist, and the only thing I know about using watercolor pencils is what I've learned from Youtube so far.  

BUT, they are fun.  Amazingly fun. And mess free.  You just sketch and color like you would with normal colored pencils, and then use a damp, not wet, brush to "activate" the colors.  It's so much fun,w watching the colors come to life under your damp brush!  I love it.  And it's neat enough to paint in bed, lol.
Test with AGPTEK Watercolor Pencil Set


So, the top photo shows the first landscapes, done with AGPTEK.  The sky doesn't look as nice  because I messed up the second seagull and tried to fix it, which "muddied" the sky a bit.  
Test with Artist Loft Watercolor Pencil Set



The second pic is the Artist loft and the yellow is nice and clear because I didn't mess up my seagull, lol. I also left some of the sky blank so that the canvas could look like brighter light, and liked that effect. 



Following a tutorial by SunshineArts on Youtube

It was a fun, easy tutorial by Sunshine arts, and you can find it here: Easy Sunset Landscape

No comments:

Post a Comment