Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Beautiful Candles and Poinsettia Diamond Painting for my Parents' Diamond Anniversary (tomorrow)

 Tomorrow is my Parent's 60th Anniversary

So I did this diamond painting for them...60 is diamonds.
Diamond painting for my parents diamond anniversary, 60 years

It took me forever to finish this because I also did a large Christmas diamond painting for them, plus a coaster set, and several keychains, ornaments, and cards.  My shoulder and back are killing me, but I'm done in time, woohoo.

I know it's a Christmas pic, but they had a Christmas season wedding (Dec. 29th), and red candles are special in our house. Mom always puts one big red candle on birthday cakes, anniversary cakes, etc., it's tradition. I'm telling her each of the candles in this pic represents 20 years, for a total of 60.

I'm really pleased with how it came out, and it looks much better in person. Super vibrant and sparkly.  I did bling it up a lot with some AB drills in the highlighted areas, and I did the flames with rhinestone drills.

I bought this diamond painting at Michael's last year and didn't have a chance to finish it then; I'm so glad as it was perfect for my parents anniversary.

I have a few even bigger diamond paintings that I thought about doing for them but with all of the Christmas arts and crafts, I just didn't have time. 

Anyway,I think they will like this. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment