Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Misty Lake Acrylic Painting for my Neighbor Lucille

 

Misty Lake following tutorial by #Joony Art

So I can't write "Today's Art" Anymore...

Because this took me several days to paint.  Pretty soon I'll have to do "this week's art" instead.

I chose this tutorial after looking at hundreds of tutorials because I wanted something special, something beautiful but soothing to look at, and meaningful.  My best friend's brother passed away suddenly and her Mom is devastated.  He was 65 and battling cancer, but still had time left when he had a massive heart attack. We are all happy that he didn't suffer and go slowly, the way the cancer would have taken him, but it is still sad, and no mother wants to outlive her child.  She lost her husband a few years ago too.  I chose this picture because their whole family loves fishing, and I wanted to paint Larry and Louis fishing together in heaven.  The original artwork had a different style boat (rowboat, no motor) and only one person,  so I changed the boat a bit, and added a motor and another person to represent Larry and Louis.  


I have only done a few paintings before this, and felt comfortable with the sky and water and trees, but was worried about how to do the fog, the boat, the people, and the geese.  I spent more time worried about it than it took me to finally do it; most of my problem is building up the courage to keep going, because at every step I was sure I'd ruin what I had so far. I need to get over that.  I'm not usually as timid as I was with this painting; I think it's because I was attempting it as a gift for someone other than my parents. When I just paint for me there's no pressure. 


I don't have my own art room, but I have made a space in the changeroom/storage area.  My table is next too my huge portable air conditioner, and my Dad's window air conditioner is stored under the table.  The roof slopes down and I hit my head EVERY time I get up (you'd think I'd learn by now, lol), and I had to order extra lights becaue the lighting is bad, but despite that, I love my little art space.  I even bought an Alexa Echo Dot just for the room. My Mom uses it too because she has her makeup table directly across from my art table.  
I'm going to give the painting, a card, and a box of chocolates to my neighbor tomorrow, hopefully. I hope she'll like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment