Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Spring Lake Landscape Painting in Acrylics

 Spring Lake, Acrylics on Canvas Board

Spring Lake, acrylics on canvas board, following a tutorial by Joony Arts on Youtube


It came out great even though I followed the wrong tutorial, lol.

I'd originally planned to do a late winter scene, showing melting ice on a lake. I watched that entire tutorial, and I guess when it ended the next one (this one) queued up but I didn't notice and was half way through before i realized I was painting an entirely different painting than the one I thought I was doing, lolol

Here is the tutorial for this one, by Joony art, if you want to give it a go: Spring Lake


I did the sky and the mountains first, then added the base water color.  I really liked how the water looked real hear and was worried about continuing.

I added some darker and lighter spots to the water. I hated doing this because i really liked the water in the first section but I figured I'd better follow the tutorial.
It was at this point, adding the greens and yellows, that i FINALLY realized I was following a different tutorial and not the one I had prewatched, LOLOL.

I was terrified to add the long grasses, but they came out nicely. I used a fan brush. 
Finally added the flowers and the sun.  I didn't want to add the sun and the rays because I thought they looked strange and not sunray like at all, on the tutorial, but the tutorial is way better than mine, lol.

Finally, I added more light ripples to the water and to the mountain and more light on the flowers too. 

This is only my 3rd or 4th try at acrylics and I'm very happy with it.  So far I've done the Christmas ornaments, the sunset couple, the rose (twice) and this one.  I'm only counting the rose as one as one of those was just testing the watercolor paper at the dollar tree (not the best for acrylics but OK if you tape it down; it will warp otherwise). 

No comments:

Post a Comment