Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Saturday, May 30, 2020

More Backyard Bird Photos taken with my New Camera

Hey guys,
I hope you aren't sick of video games and photos.  I'm trying to keep busy during this pandemic and gaming and learning photography is a big help :-).

In the past few days, I've had lots of lovely visitors to the back yard, and I swear some come every day and are getting to know me.  I love the birds so much!  And also the flowers.

I hope you enjoy!

First up, the Goldfinches:
Gorgeous male Goldfinch





Next up the Robin came to visit. He like to stand on the garage roof.

Pretty Robin


Robin on my Garage, carrying an inchworm

 The Grackle also came back yesterday.  He was very puffed up, trying to make himself look big as he chased a Raven all through the sky. I wasn't fast enough to get a photo of the Raven chase but here he is, resting on the garage roof, all fluffy and cute. I think he was probably defending his nest.  I hope the Raven won't get it.

Fluffed up Grackle; so cute


I don't know if this is the same Grackle or not, coming in for a snack.  I had to spy on him through the bean poles because he is very timid.

Last, but not least, a flock of pigeons has been visiting every day, and this one in particular is getting very used to me and seems unafraid. He or she lets me get quite close and cocks his or her head when I talk, lol.

Pigeon in front of apple blossoms

Pigeon in front of lilacs 

Friendly pigeon

Pigeon listening to me 
I am really enjoying my new camera, immensely.  I can't wait until I can start to walk at my favorite nature trail again.  It's closed due to covid 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment