Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, May 11, 2020

Mothers Day 2020, A Pandemic Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mothers Day, May 10, 2020.


I live with my elderly parents.  I have severe, chronic asthma, my Dad has COPD, high blood pressure, and diabetes, and my Mom has high blood pressure and is a 2 time cancer survivor; so we're all at risk.  

We had a quiet Mother's Day at home, and I crocheted her a Front Line Hero Bear as a gift.

Mom and Dad, Mother's Day 2020


Dad grilled some Prime Rib on the BBQ as a special treat.  We've had the steaks in the big freezer since before Covid 19 started, which was lucky as it's getting harder and harder to get meat at a reasonable price due to the outbreaks at the meat packing plants in Alberta and Brampton Ontario.

Mom, Mother's Day during covid 19 pandemic


After dinner, we sat in the living room and Mom opened her gift.  Dad wanted to get her flowers and the nurseries were supposed to open that day, but we went for a ride and couldn't find one open. I was going to go in and get the flowers for Mom.  Thankfully, I was able to crochet her a gift.
Mom and Dad and Mom's gift, a Front Line Hero Bear that I crocheted
 Mom loved her Front Line Hero Bear, and cracked up laughing when she saw it.


Mom and Dad, Mother's Day during a pandemic, 2020


Dad thought it was cute too.

Mom baked an apple pie

 I wanted to bake my Mom a cake but she told me not to because we're all getting too fat, lol.  Then Dad and I went out to try to buy her flowers and she baked an apple  pie while we were gone.

Mom and Dr. Bear, Mothers Day 2020, during covid 19 pandemic

The pie was delish, and Mom loved her bear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment