Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Saturday, May 16, 2020

New Camera, Backyard Birds; Rose Breasted Grossbeak and White Crowned Sparrow (aka Skunkbird)

I LOVE my new camera sooo much!  

Today was a beautiful day, sunny and warm, and I needed a distraction from trying to replace everything that the thief stole.  So I went out into the back yard with my camera to try to take some bird photos.

 In the last few days, a migrating flock of White Crowned Sparrows have found our yard...and our feeder!  They are super fast little birds that like to run up and down the garden and through the lawn, and they also run right up tree trunks. Pretty cool little birds, but I confess I've always called them "Skunk Birds" due to the stripe...and only bothered to look up the proper name in the last couple of years, lol.  I always forget and refer to them as Skunk birds, which is a shame because White Crowned Sparrow is such a regal name, lol.

 My Dad was out fixing the boat trailer, painting the truck and doing yardwork.  Here he is (above), taking a rest.
 

 This pretty Rose Breasted Grossbeak was way up high in the maple tree! 


The zoom on this camera is amazing!






 This little guy was staring right at me. So cute!


 This Grackle was also far away.  Such pretty colors.

 I don't know what this last bird is, but he was singing his little heart out from the top of the apple tree next door.  Such a cute bird.




Last but not least, more spring flowers are coming up.  Hyacinths and these purple and pink flowers that my Dad calls Hansel and Gretel flowers. 

The buds are on the trees and the grass is getting green and the migrating birds and geese are back so spring is finally here...really here.  And best yet, it didn't snow this week (it snowed for 3 days last week!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment