Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, May 24, 2020

More birds, Goldfinches, Nut Brown Bird (some sort of Thrush), Raven, and Pigeons

Some sort of thrush
 This little brown bird is so cute. I think he's a thrush, possibly a Swainison's Thrush.   I've always just called them "Nut Brown Birds", lol.
I had a lot of Goldfinches in the yard too. They are so beautiful!

Goldfinch

Goldfinch at my feeder
It was so nice to see these brightly colored birds.

Friendly pigeon
I also get visits from this pigeon and it's mate every day.  They love to sit on our chimney and roof, but often come down to the yard to eat sunflower seeds.  I like the purple on this one.

Raven
There are also several Ravens who live in the trees across the street. They talk and call constantly, and like to perch at the very top of the tall tree across the street. 
Crow or Raven?
From this angle, I can't tell if this is a crow or raven, but whatever he is, he caught something.  He's sitting on our garage in this photo.

I really need to learn more about birds as I'm having a hard time identifying many of the ones that I see, lol. I'm learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment