Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, May 8, 2020

New Camera, A Sony DSCHXS350B

I bought a new camera!

Those aren't my photos of the camera, lol, but it's exactly the same as my camera.  It's a Sony DSCHX350B, and I bought it at BEST BUY, on sale.

The DSCHX, which I am pronouncing "Dish Hex", lol, is a superzoom camera. It can zoom in...a lot.  It's also described as a bridge camera, which I read means that it is not quite a point and shoot but not quite a DSLR camera. It's the bridge between the 2.  It has one fixed lens. 

It took awhile to come in the mail due to the covid 19 pandemic, but it finally arrived last week and I am loving it.  The zoom on this thing is crazy!

It has a fixed ZEISS lens with 50x optical zoom and 100x Clear Image Zoom.  According to best buy, "The 20.4MP CMOS sensor produces high quality images at 10fps and records Full HD videos at 60p/30p/24p in AVCHD video format. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization ensures you get sharp images."

I'm not a photographer so don't really  know what all of that means, except that it has an amazing zoom lens and it helps steady my hand so photos aren't shaky.

It takes high def video as well, which is cool, and the little photo display thing on the back can be angled which is helpful, except I'm terrified I'll break it.

There are only two things I don't like about it. It's heavy, like, really heavy. I'm going to have to crochet a neck piece for the strap because it digs into my neck.  And I don't like that the lens cap is not attached.  My old camera had an attached lens cap so I never had to worry about losing it.  I'm really bad for losing things.

All in all though, I'm really glad I bought my new camera and can't wait to learn how to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment