Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, May 8, 2020

New Camera Test, Pigeon, Smokey, Dasha

I am LOVING my new camera.

I have been playing around with the zoom, comparing no zoom vs zoom, and here are some pigeon on the roof photos, lol.

No zoom
I didn't use any zoom in the above photo.  If you click on the photo to make it bigger, you can (just barely) see the pigeon on the roof).  In the photo below, I used partial zoom, and look how close the bird is now.

Partial Zoom

More zoom

more zoom
I couldn't zoom all the way in because the bird was too close to use the full zoom, but even with partial zoom, the details are stunning! Check out the purple feathers and the red eye!  So cool.

The pigeon didn't seem to mind being my first living model and seemed to pose.  Probably because I feed them and they know me, lol. 

My parrot, Smokey, on the other hand, was not as cooperative a model, lol.  Here she is, checking out the new camera. 

Smokey checking out my new camera

Smokey being destructive

Smokey throwing her bowl around

Smokey playing peekaboo
Smokey is an African Grey parrot; very clever, very talkative, but not a fan of cameras, lol.  I've been living with this bird since 1990; can you believe it?  She was 6 months old when I got her so we've been together almost all of her life.  She is very bonded to me and I worry about how she'll cope if anything ever happens to me.

Just for fun, I also tested the camera on my little Dwarf Hamster, Dasha.  She is very fast so I have to feed her to get her to slow down enough to get photos, lol.  




No comments:

Post a Comment