Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, May 24, 2020

More Bird Photos; Chickadee and Grackle

I am loving my new camera so much!

Chickadees are one of my favorite birds, but they move so quickly I've been having a hard time getting photos. Finally, today, I got some.

Adorable Chickadee


 I often try to imitate the "Chickadee dee dee" call of the Chickadees because they respond and whistle back.  I was outside today, and I could hear a Chickadee so I returned the call. He returned my call and I could hear him getting closer and closer but couldn't see him. We have lots of trees.  But he kept getting louder and louder so finally I turned around and he was directly behind my head, in the hedges.  Isn't he (or she) cute?
Chickadee in my hedges
These photos make it look like he just sat there patiently modeling for me, but the truth is, I have about 100 photos of bare branches because he kept hopping around and I kept missing the shots.  I'm glad I got a few good ones, lol.  

Chickadee playing hide and seek
He was very curious and unafraid and came right up to me, maybe 6 inches from my face.  But he was constantly in motion, lol.  

I love these birds and often feed them from my hand, on a local walking trail called Whitefish Island. I should try to start feeding the ones in my yard too.  

I also managed to get some photos of a Grackle.  He was way up in the maple tree. 

Maple tree with Grackle, way up high, no zoom

Grackle with Zoom

Grackle in my maple tree

Grackle looking angry

I wish he'd come down lower so I could get different angle photo, but I am happy with these.  His iridescent feathers are so pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment