Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, May 11, 2020

Sunflower Moon

Sunflower Moon, May 5th and 6th, 2020

I took these photos on May 5th, 2020, with my new Sony Camera.



The zoom is so incredible on this camera; check out the details on the moon.  I didn't use any fancy settings, just "superior auto" to get these images. 



I was completely blown away by the details in these photos. I've never had a camera that could do this.

The next night, which was the full moon, I drove to Belleview Park and the Boardwalk to try to get better photos of the moon. I also took some sunset photos.

Sunset at Belleview Park, no zoom

sunset with zoom

sunset with zoom

International bridge, zoom

Icicles in May


It was so cold that the spray from the waves was freezing on the branches.  Freezing, in May.
Icicles
 The moon wasn't coming up yet and I was too cold at Belleview Park so I drove to the Boardwalk instead, where the wind wasn't as bad. It was still bad, don't get me wrong; it was crazy, but not as horrible as it was at Belleview Park, lol. 

SSM Boardwalk at night

SSM boardwalk fishing pier



St. Mary's Cross

I was hoping I'd get to see the moon rise over the water, but it rose over the Station Mall, lol.  Here are some photos of the full Sunflower Moon, just as it was rising.

Sunflower Moon, May 6 2020

Sunflower Moon, May 6 2020

Sunflower Moon, May 6, 2020
I was happy to get some photos but it was so cold I couldn't try to get better ones.  I had to sit in the car with the heat blasting.  It wasn't so much the cold as the wind; it was crazy windy. 

I'm really enjoying my new camera and am starting to learn how to use it better.  Hope you enjoyed the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment