Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, December 13, 2019

Chrocheted Christmas Mice for Sheltter Cats

Shelter Pets Need Love Too

Crocheted mice for the shelter cats

My heart always goes out to shelter pets, the dogs and cats and little furries that find themselves homeless through no fault of their own.

Our local humane society is like a dark pet prison, with it's narrow dog kennels and austere concrete flooring.  Some of the kennels have raised dog beds but some don't.  All of the cats have blankets but despite constantly getting donations of blankets, they shelter doesn't seem to ever give any to the dogs.

The cat rooms have one or two toys to share between sometimes more than 20 cats.  The dogs have no toys.

This Christmas I decided to crochet stuffed toys for the pets.  I'm on a fixed income, so as much as I wish I could buy more elevated beds so every kennel has one, it's out of my reach.  Crocheting is within my reach, and I've crocheted for my own dogs in the past.  They always loved their gifts.

I found some cool patterns on Ravelry.com, a nice pattern sharing website.  I decided to start with the cats, because there are currently 18 cats and kittens in the shelter.

This is the pattern I used: Jerry the Mouse


I'm working on dog toys now, and having lots of fun trying different patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment