Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, December 2, 2019

Low Carb/Keto again

Hi Guys,

I am back on low carb/keto after several months of eating carbs. 
In 2017 I had gastric bypass surgery and in a year and a half I lost 130 Lbs.  I was super active, riding my bike for hundreds of miles each spring/summer/fall.  I felt great, but I started fainting. 
I wasn't eating enough calories or carbs.  My doctor told me to increase my calories to 1200 per day and to eat more carbs, especially on days where I would be getting a lot of exercise.

My scale broke and I put off replacing it.  My original goal of weight loss, given to me by the doctor, was to lose 70 Ibs.  I wanted to lose 100 so I did.  I read that everyone gains back a minimum of 30 Ibs so I lost the extra 30, thinking I'd be safe if I regained the 30.

Well, that did not work out, lol.  I gained some weight and outgrew my size 10 pants.  I was in size 12 pants and was fine with it; after all, I'd been wearing a pair of too tight size 24W pants (all the same brand and style of pants, George, from Walmart). 

So I ate carbs and more calories and knew i'd probably gained weight back because I was wearing size 12 pants, but wasn't too worried.  Until the size 12 pants started getting tight.  Not too tight to wear, but just not loose like they had been.

So I finally got on my Dad's scales and just about died.  My weight had skyrocketed to 236.  I was 168 at my lowest.  So that's a 68 Ib gain.  In just 6 months.  OMG. I just about died. I was so depressed. 

So, two weeks ago I decided to get back onto my low carb, lower calorie diet.  I'm eating less than 1000 calories a day, and trying to keep my carbs under 45 total grams.  Keto is under 30 net carbs so I try to aim for that 3 days a week. 

The first week back on low carb I lost 4.4 Ibs.  I weighed 231.6 Ibs.  Today is my second week back on track and I'm down another 3.2 Ibs, and weigh 228.4.  So that's a total of 7.6 Ibs lost in 2 weeks.

My first goal is to get under 200 Ibs, and my second goal is to get to 180, as I looked and felt good there.  My third goal is to get to 165. 

It's good to know that I can still do this.  I should never have let myself go so long without weighing myself.  I don't know how i managed to still fit into my size 12 pants (tight though they were, lol).  Maybe all of the walking and bike riding helped keep my lower body in shape. 

I knew I'd gained weight on top because I went from a size medium top to needing XL in most cases, and in some instances 1X (I like my tops to fit very loosely).

I'm learning some fun new recipes, mostly for bread replacements, and I'll share them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment