Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Huion Kamvas Tablet arrived BROKEN

Huion Kamvas fancy pants drawing tablet was a dud!


So if you've been following me, you'll know I was super excited about the new Huion Kamvas GT 516 HD Drawing Tablet Display that I bought from Ebay.  It was second hand but the seller (Huion themselves) said it was 90% like new and works great.

I watched the shipping tracker every day like a kid waiting for Santa, and then it finally arrived.
I was through the roof happy.

I opened it, took photos of it, blogged about it...then I turned it on.  Nothing.  I reread the instructions.  Turned it on again.  Nothing. Black.


I decided to contact their support people and spent ages between emails and texts, and finally they asked me to take a video showing them the problem (they wouldn't believe it was not powering on).  The company is in China so that meant I was up at 3 AM taking videos and trying to get this thing resolved.  Here's my middle of the night video:  Oops, it's too big and blogger won't let me put it in.  If anyone wants to see it here's a link:  Broken Huion Kamvas Tablet video

I kept telling them I wanted to return it because I had just purchased it.  They wanted to send me a new power cable in case that was the problem.  But it would take a month to get here because they didn't have any in storage in Canada.  I said no, I just want my money back.  I'm not waiting for a month stuck with a brick.  I didn't want to be out of both the money and the product, and if I didn't go through Ebay, I wouldn't be protected.

So I clicked on the RETURN button on Ebay and started the return process.  The lady at Huion emailed me asking me to ship it back with a tracking number before they would decide to reimburse me.  I sent an email back saying Ebay has a policy that if the item is defective, the seller is responsible for shipping.  She didn't email back. So I contacted Ebay and they said not to worry; to give the seller until the 11th to respond through Ebay channels about the return, and that if they don't then Ebay will step in, and that they have me covered.  They said I'll get my money back and that they should NOT have tried to get me to return it outside of proper channels.

Meantime I had signed up for art classes that require a tablet and couldn't take them because my new tablet wouldn't work.  I googled inexpensive drawing tablets and did some research and decided to get a different brand, but I'll talk about that in my next post.

I was totally frustrated that Huion sent me a broken item and listed it as tested and working great.  It did look good, but it was a brick and clearly hadn't been tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment