Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Low Carb/Keto Chaffles and New Dash Mini Waffle Maker

Dash Mini Waffle Maker & Chaffles

I was super excited to buy this adorable Dash Mini Waffle Maker online during the black Friday sales, for only 11.99 Canadian!  I couldn't wait until it arrived (within 2 days; woohoo!).


Isn't it adorable????  And pink?

I found a zillion recipes for Chaffles (which are simply cheese waffles) online.  If you don't believe me, try googling it, lol.

I used a basic chaffle recipe, which I found here: link to delicious BASIC chaffle recipe.

The recipe is this (makes 2 mini waffles):

1 egg plus half cup grated cheese.  Grate the cheese,  mix in with the egg,  cook half at a time in the mini waffle maker (or all of it in a regular sized waffle maker) until golden brown.

That's it!  Super simple, super quick, and super delish.
Below you will see my super cute pink mini waffle maker.  Did I mention it's pink?  LOL  I love pink.
My brand new PINK mini waffle maker.  LOVE. 
 Here is the simple batter, consisting of 1 egg and half a cup of shredded cheese. I used Swiss cheese because that's all I had; next time I'll use mozzarella for a milder flavor, but it was delish with the Swiss.
Making Chaffles for the first time

Below you will see I have one chaffle finished, and half the batter left to make the other one.  So easy.  It takes about 3-4 min per chaffle.
Cooking chaffles in my new mini waffle maker.

First ever chaffle; yum!
 I used ED Smith no sugar added syrup.  Only 7 carbs in 3 tbsps., and I only used 1.5 tbsp., so 3.5 carbs only!
 Here they are with melted butter and syrup.  I already took a few bites from the smaller one, lol. I couldn't wait for the photos.  Soooooo good.
Swiss Cheese chaffles
 Here they are in the kitchen.  I couldn't wait longer, and didn't even use my fork. I just picked them up and ate them.  The little holes held in the syrup perfectly.  They were crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and had a great taste.



YUM!  I will definitely try these again.  There are so many ways to change the recipe up and I can't wait to try them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment