Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

I Got the Oculus Go for Christmas!

I Got the Oculus Go for Christmas

Oculus Go is a virtual reality headset that let's you play immersive 360 videos and games without the need for a high end computer.

It's seriously awesome.

I have wanted to try virtual reality for ages.  Since the 80's or 90's, back when it first came out.  It was too expensive though. 

Then in 2012 or so I started reading about VR again and was super interested.  Oculus Rift came out that year, but I remember waiting and waiting for it to come out.  Unfortunately, it was super expensive and only for developers at first.  I didn't have a good enough computer to run it, even if I could have saved up for it.

Then the HTC Vive came out and I wanted that too, but it also needed a high end gaming computer.

Samsung Gear and Google Daydream sounded promising, but they both needed high end smartphones, and at the time I didn't even have a smartphone, let alone a high end one.

Then Google Cardboard came out and I did try that, and even got a cheap smartphone, but it wasn't the right kind so it didn't work.

When I first heard about the Oculus Go I was intrigued. It was an all in one VR headset that didn't require a computer or a smartphone. But I decided to wait to see if it would fizz out because I'd purchased an Xbox Kinect that was a lot of fun and so promising, and I loved it, but it sort of died out and developers stopped making games for it.  I wanted to see if developers would stick with the Go.

And they did! 

I downloaded tons of free games and apps for my new Go, and I also bought a ton of games and apps at insanely cheap prices due to boxing week sales. I paid less than a dollar for most games, between 2-6 dollars for the a few.  The most expensive one was only 11 bucks...Canadian!  

Plus there are loads of free videos on YouTube, and free 360 photos are everywhere.

I'm super excited, and my parents love it too.  

I'll do some game and app reviews soon.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment