Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Merry Christmas 2019

Merry Christmas Everyone!

This was the LAST Christmas of the Decade...

Isn't that hard to believe?

I hope you all had a nice holiday season.  I had a wonderful time with family and friends.  My parents bought an amazing blue spruce tree; it's huge!  Check it out:

Mom and Dad enjoyed opening their gifts, and were very happy with everything I bought them, but were also mad because they thought I spent too much, lol.  My Mom is hard to buy for and doesn't want anything, so I mostly got her clothes.  I bought her 5 new tops, 2 pairs of pajamas, socks, lol, and some lotions and creams and household items.  Here's Mom with some of her gifts:

Dad's main gift was a Aerogarden Harvest, which is a hydroponic grow light set up.   

It came with a set of herb pods, but I also bought him the lettuce seed pods.  He decided to plant the herb pods first.  We set everything up yesterday after supper, because the lights are super bright so we're using them to basically light up the kitchen and entrance hall, lol.  The lights will be on all night so we won't have to use any other lights. 
Here's Dad with his brand new Aerogarden Harvest.  It's so bright, lol.


Here are the seed pods, planted on Dec. 27th at around 7 PM.   It will be exciting to see how quickly they sprout.

The pets also enjoyed their Christmas.  Smokey, my African Grey Parrot, opened her gifts under the tree.  She tried to open our gifts too.  She has been opening gifts under the tree for 30 years now, so she is a pro, lol.
Dasha the dwarf hamster also enjoyed her gifts.  She decided to sit on one of her treats while she ate another.  I cracked up laughing when I saw these pictures, as she is totally using the green pretzel treat as a little sitting stool, lol.


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday too!

Merry Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment