Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Cloud Bread, Keto Friendly Low Carb Bread

So, I tried  keto cloud bread for the first time.  It's this super low carb, low cal  (Serving: 1slice, Calories: 36kcal, Carbohydrates: 0g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 2g)  bread substitute that has been blowing up the internet for the past few years and I'm late to get on board with this.  I finally tried it, and this is how it turned out (I cut the recipe down so I only used 2 eggs):

Cloud Bread
I ate one hot, right out of the oven and my first impression was that it tasted like air,  lol.  These things are sooo light and fluffy; OMG.  Makes sense because they are basically egg whites that have been whipped until they form stiff peaks, plus a bit of cream cheese.  I'll add a link to the recipe I used here: Yummy cloud bread recipe

I used two to make a ham, egg, and cheese sandwich, and it was yummy, but the hot egg made the bottom cloud bread a bit soggy:
Ham, egg, and cheese on a cloud bread bun
It was yummy though, and I really appreciated the low cal 0 carb option.  I should have let the cloud rolls cool down though, as I put the left overs in the fridge and then next day they were sooooo much better.  They lost their eggy taste in the fridge overnight...don't ask me how, lol, and they tasted light a dessert bread, so I added a tsp on peanut butter and some blueberries and a sprinkling of splenda:
Super yummy peanut butter and blueberry cloudbread
OMG, this is what they were made for.  Sweets!  They were so good like this I couldn't believe it.

I think they'd be awesome with strawberries and a dollop of cream, or just sprinkled with some cinnamon and Splenda.  I'll try that next time :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment