Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

New Art Tablet on the Way!

I've always been an arty/crafty person, but I'm not an artist.  I love art, and I've dabbled here and there, but never took classes or anything (beyond a 6 week intro to watercolors, about 20 years ago, lol).

I've been wanting to give digital art a try, but the price was out of my reach.  Until 2 days ago, when I saw a drawing tablet on sale on ebay at a drastically reduced price because it's used.  It's called a Huion Kamvas GT 156 HD Drawing Tablet Monitor, which is a mouthful, lol.  It has a 15.6 inch work area, and the overall unit is 16 inches, so nice and big for my poor eyes, lol.
Here's a photo from the seller:

So, I'm super excited, but because the company is Chinese, I figured I'd have to wait a month or more for it to arrive. Then yesterday the sent a notice saying it had been shipped and I discovered they were shipping it from Quebec.  I kept clicking on the link like a maniac yesterday to see where it was, and it had made it to Montreal Quebec before I went to bed last night.

Then this morning I clicked on it and it had made it to Sudbury, ON.  Woohoo; that's only a 4 hour drive from here!  Of course, they'll have to sort it in Sudbury and put it on a truck to the Sault, the small northern Ontario community where I live, but it should be here tomorrow.

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning, lol.  I hope it will work ok, since it's not new.  The seller is actually the company that makes the unit, so it's probably a return.  The seller said it's 90% new, works well, and just has a few scratches and the box has been opened.  I hope the scratches are not on the screen, and are just on the outer portion. I only paid 234 Canadian and these sell for more than double that brand new, which is not something I could justify paying since I'm not an artist.

I'm so excited, lol. Off to watch more YouTube videos on how to use the free art software programs I downloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment