Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

August 25, 2021, Goulais Bay Camp Life

 I love Going Down to the Bay

The path down to the bay

The path down to the bay was made by my Dad, with my Mom's help (and a bit of my help too, as a child).  I remember like it was yesterday, getting into the little red and white rowboat with the tiny 3 horse power motor, and putting up around the point and out of the sheltered bay, into the open water.  We went to the lagoon, and landed the boat and got out to pick big, flat rocks.  I helped only by finding them and pointing them out; I was way to little to help move them.  My parents did the heavy lifting and filled that little rowboat with big stones until it was low in the water. Then we'd putter back to camp, unload, and do it all over again until Dad had enough big flat stones to pave the bottom and sides of our road leading down to the bay.  It's so pretty. 

Our little camp, Goulais Bay

Our property is fully enclosed, although you can sort of see the house next door, through the trees.  We have a lot of outbuildings on our property too, all painted yelllow.  We have the camp itself, the outhouse, and a very long building that has 3 big rooms; a shower and change room on one end, and a tool shed on the other. 

Cute mushroom

These cool mushrooms were popping up everywhere.  



No comments:

Post a Comment