Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

September 4, 2021, Goulais Bay Camp LIfe, 18th Day of Camping

 Day 18, Last Day of Camp Getaway


Big bird caught a fish

I was sitting down at the bay waiting for sunrise and a big bird dived into the lake and caught a fish!  I couldn't believe it!  How cool is that?  It was still too dark to make out what kind of bird it is, but you can see the big wingspan, and the fish carried in the bird's claws. 



Big bird flying away with catch

Here you can see the bird flying away with his or her catch! 

Too cloudy for sunrise

It was so cloudy  I couldn't watch the sunrise at all.  It was a rainy day.


So instead, lets look at some photos that help us say goodbye to camp for the season: 


These are the benches I sit on every morning to watch the sunrise.  Goodbye benches. 


I sat on these benches every day at sunrise, and every day at moonrise.  The view faces East, and I was so lucky to get to see the sun and moon rise, and to have the full moon light up the sky for the first week. 

My Dad built the benches, firepit, patio, deck, camp, outhouse, shower room, tool room...everything, and my Mom helped.  Somewhere in the concrete are little palm prints belonging to my brother and me, when we were very little.  This place has deep meaning for me. 

Little Yellow Camp on a hill.

Goodbye, my little yellow camp on a hill. I'll miss you.  I'll still go for rides and spend a day here or there, but the camp is not winterized so it's too hard to spend the night once the weather is colder.  I had 18 glorious days and I'm grateful for each one.

Hunter, a Very Good Boy


Last but not least, goodbye Hunter. Thank you for spending 18 days with me. I'll miss you so much. My neighbor's are so lucky to have such a sweet doggo, and I'm so grateful that they don't mind that he spends so much time with me when I'm out there.


Alright, 18 days of camp life posted in one day.  I don't have internet at my camp and now that I'm back home I wanted to blog about it before I start forgetting.

Thank you for spending time at camp with me, readers. I hope you enjoyed it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment