Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Sept. 1/2021, Goulais Bay Camp Life, My friend Hunter

 Hunter the Dog kept me company on my 18 Day Escape.  

Hunter the dog, Goulais Bay ON
Hunter usually met me first thing in the morning...he'd be waiting while I used the outhouse, lol. Then he'd come down to watch the sunrise with me.  He is such a good, sweet dog. He lives next door.
Finally a (mostly) cloud free morning so I got to see the sun actually rise, lol.

Sun rising over the Canadian Shield, Goulais Bay ON

Sun rising over the Canadian Shield, Goulais Bay ON

Sun rising over the Canadian Shield, Goulais Bay ON

Hunter waiting on the steps
Do you see that red garden arch?  It's the ONLY route to the outhouse, to and from the camp, and spiders LOVE building webs across it. 

So, picture this.  3 AM and I have to wake up to pee.  So I have to get up, turn on the lights, put on shoes and a hat, get the flashlight, exit the camp, grab the broom, walk across the yard, sweep down all of the spiders and webs, run through the arch to the outhouse, inspect the outhouse for more spiders, sweep them down if necessary...enter the outhouse...search for more spiders.  Now I'm WIDE awake, lol.  Get to pee, finally, reverse the process, go back to camp. Undress. Turn off lights, put down the flashlight (broom stays outside in case spiders are on it).  Try to fall back to sleep.  Which is impossible because I'm afraid of spiders and have now seen dozens of them, some huge.  LOL. 

I'm sad to be home again because I love camp, but man, do I appreciate indoor plumbing now that I" home.  

Hunter waiting on the steps

Hunter waiting on the steps
Hunter is such a good, nice boy. I love that dog. 


Hunter waiting on the steps

Leaf floating on the waves



No comments:

Post a Comment