Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

August 18 & 19, 2021, Camp Life at Goulais Bay

 Goulais Bay, Lake Superior, is my Happy Place

The road to camp

Even the ride out to the camp is lovely.  It's only about a 45 minute drive from my house in town, which is nice, as I hate driving on the highway.  About half of the drive is through town and on the highway, but the other half of the ride is paradise, on narrow, winding country roads that follow rivers and finally, Goulais Bay.

Goulais River


The road winds alongside the beautiful  Goulais River, 

Our driveway


Our driveway is long and mossy, and almost enveloped with trees.  It's like driving through a green tunnel. I always breathe a sigh of relief when I see this.  It just takes my stress away.  I've been coming out to camp since I was a baby.  My parents bought the property when I was born and started building the camp when I was 1.  I am 57 now and have an entire lifetime of happy memories there. 
Our little yellow camp

I emerge from the tree tunnel to our very private, well treed lot  The sight of our little yellow camp always brings a smile to my face.  

Smokey in her travel cage

Smokey, my 31 year old African Grey Parrot also loves it out at camp.  Here she is, in her travel cage, looking out over the scenery. 
The view outside our window.


This is our back yard, and what Smokey and I can see through our window.  Our camp is on a hill, and there is a walkway down to the bay, made of large flat stones that my parents and I picked from the shoreline when I was little.  I couldn't lift or carry them, but I discovered many of the big stones that created our walkway. 

I was exhausted from packing up almost 20 days worth of food and clothing for me and the bird, plus carting a lot of drinking water.  We have lake water for showers and dishes, but we have to bring our own drinking water.  So after I unloaded everything, I went to sit down by the bay and I read for awhile.  Then I went up and made a quick dinner (a tuna wrap) and sat on the couch and read and enjoyed the view :-). 





No comments:

Post a Comment