Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

August 31/21 Goulais Bay Camp Life, Another Stunning Sunrise

 Red Sky in Morning, Sailors Take Warning

Crazy beautiful sunrise, Goulais Bay ON
Yet another stunning red sky sunrise!  I was totally blown away by the beauty, every single day!  
I am not normally a morning person; in fact, I am a night owl, tried and true, but for 18 days I got up between 6 and 6:45 AM to watch the sun rise over the lake.  It was a glorious way to start each new day. 
Crazy beautiful sunrise, Goulais Bay ON

Crazy beautiful sunrise, Goulais Bay ON

Crazy beautiful sunrise, Goulais Bay ON
Just look at that sky!  Isn't it crazy?  I mean, the sun is white, surrounded by bright yellow, surrounded by orange, then dark orange, then dark red.  Just incredible! 
Windmills through fog, Goulais Bay ON
It was super foggy that morning too. I couldn't see the mountains across the bay, or the windmills, except for when they peeked through the fog and mist occasionally, like in the photo above. 
Hallowe'en sky, Aug 31/21, Goulais Bay ON
The sky changed from orange and red to black and yellow, reminding me of Hallween, in the above photo.  It was like watching a kaleidoscope...the sky changed second by second. 
Smokey enjoying the sunrise from her travel cage.

Smokey enjoying the sunrise.

Smokey, my African Grey parrot daughter, really enjoyed watching the sunrise too.  I slept on the couch across from her for the entire 18 nights I was out there, because I love that view so much.  As soon as I opened my eyes in the morning she'd say, "Good morning.'  Then I'd say, "I'm going out to watch the sunrise,"  and she'd say, "OK, take care!  See you later!"  

Now that we're home again, she's down in her own room, in her much bigger cage. I still go see her but I miss living with her 24/7. 


No comments:

Post a Comment