Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Sunrise Painting with Clip Studio Paint and Veikk VK 1200 Tablet

 

My painting, following a tutorial by James Julier Art Tutorials, on my Veikk VK 1200 and Clip Studio Paint
While I was at camp, I did this digital painting. I wanted to do a sunrise over a lake because I'd seen so many in real life, and I wanted to learn how to paint waves.

I had fun, and I love my Veikk, but it is so frustrating that all of the good tutorials are about how to paint using procreate.  I had planned on buying myself an Ipad for Christmas so that I could use Procreate and follow the tutorials the way they're meant to be followed...but...

I came home to discover Best Buy was having a huge Labor Day Sale...and so...I thought hard about getting an Ipad.

My whole rationale for getting the cheaper Veikk tablet (under 200 dollars) was because I didn't want to spend the money on an expensive tablet if it turned out I didn't like digital art.

Well, as it turns out, I LOVE digital art, and have been doing a LOT of it. 

Check out my art on Pinterest, here: My Digital Art

I have been busy.  So, I thought long and hard about getting an Ipad.  But I couldn't decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment