Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Day 4 of Low Carb Challenge, Low Carb Pizza!

Woohoo; pizza!  I love pizza.  This recipe is not something I'd EVER think to make while dieting, but it's part of the plan so woohoo!

You can find the free recipe right here.

There is no bread; the "crust" is made from several eggs mixed with LOADS of pepperoni (1 and a third cups).
Low Carb Pizza
First I had to mix 4 eggs with 6 ounces of cheese. Because I was reading the print out of the recipe without my glasses (my new prescriptions aren't ready yet), and because I have a sort of dyslexia for numbers, I screwed up and did 6 eggs with 4 ounces of cheese, which made it rather runny.  I had to add more cheese to compensate, lol . I probably should have used a blender to mix the egg and cheese mix rather than doing it by hand, because my two circle pizzas turned into one very wonky rectangular pizza, as you can see below

Egg and cheese pizza crust
The recipe said to cook at 400 for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.  My Mom said never to follow recipes that say to cook over 350 in our oven, so I cooked it at 350.  The edges were turning dark brown after 10 minutes, but I probably could have let it go another few minutes.  I panicked when I saw the dark brown and pulled it out of the oven.


The next step was to add sauce and toppings.  I chose a low carb pizza sauce (can't remember the name but it had 5 grams of carbs per quarter cup),  pepperoni, mushrooms, and mozzarella (talk about a cheese overload, lol).
The recipe said raise the temp to 450 and cook for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned.  I only put the oven up to 375 and cooked it for 5 minutes, then put the broiler on to make the pepperoni and cheese bubble and brown.

Low carb pizza
And here's my dinner!  Wonky crusts and all.  It was very good, and I was very hungry because I hadn't eaten all day.  I wasn't hungry at breakfast, and just before lunch I started grooming my dogs and it took 3 hours.  I needed a bath after that, and by then it was time to cook supper; man, was I hungry, lol.  I really enjoyed this pizza, but if I make it again, I'll make some changes.

For one, I'll try to follow the recipe exactly and not reverse numbers (I sucked at math because I always reversed numbers).

For another, I think I'll turn the pizza crust over after step 1 and bake it again for another few minutes so it's crunchy. 

I'll also use a blender next time, to blend the egg and cheese mixture.

That's it; hope you enjoyed my wonky pizza, lol.  I'd love hear what you think of the recipe if you try it.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment