Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

New Project! Mini Pet Storefront Kit

I bought this kit on ebay and it's really cute, and really small, lol. Mine is the Pet World one, circled in yellow below.  If this works out, I'd also like to get a few of the other kits; namely Green's Bar and the little restaurant. The seller shipped quickly considering it came all the way from China.  I'll add the link but I don't know for how long it will work; I guess it depends on how many more kits s/he has.  You can buy your own mini Pet World kit here.
Pet World Mini DIY kit
 The box was shipped from China and this package was inserted into a larger box with lots of protective wrapping.  This kit also had bubble wrap around the parts inside, but I took the bubble wrap out and placed it in the lid for the picture. 
Pet world mini DIY kit
 The kit is extremely good quality, the wood is so much better than my Greenwood kits which I plan to work on this summer.
Pet world mini DIY kit contents
 This kit came with the room box, the cover, a flooring, 3 bags full of little bits of wood, doodads, etc., glue, wiring, a battery holder but no battery, tons of very tiny printables, and some clear sheets for windows.
mini dog
 In the photo above you can see the little dogs. The kit was supposed to contain 2 but they sent me three. They are very cute.  I like the white one best.
 When I saw how tiny the printables were, I scanned them to my computer so I could do practice folds of the smaller pieces.  I am not used to this scale at all; I thought 1:12 scale was small but this is 1:24th scale so even smaller. 


Pet World DIY kit, roombox portion
 There's the room box portion of the kit in what looks like my giant hand, lol.
Pet World Mini DIY kit step 1 complete
 In the above photo, you can see step 1 completed.  Basically I had to cut out the wallpaper, roof and floor paper, and tiny ribbons of orange side paper and glue them on.  The roof also had a strip of clear plastic that looks a lot like the old overhead screens.  The glue still wasn't dry when I took this photo; hopefully it will dry clear.  I was actually surprised to get glue at all because in the Ebay auction I was warned that they can't ship the glue and batteries.  I didn't get the batteries but the glue was a nice surprise.
Pet World Mini DIY kit English instructions
The English instructions are OK; easy to understand but the writing portion is pretty sparse.  The photo portion, however is wonderful and tells you exactly what to do, step by step.  I hate cutting things out so this section was very tedious for me, but it looks so cute I don't mind in the end.

For the next section, the Storefront, I have to attach the hinges and screws and I'm a bit worried about that.  I don't know where my tiny screw driver set is.  If I can't find it I'll have to run to the dollar store to get a new set.

So, that's it for now.  It's a very cute kit, and I got it for a great price (20 bucks).  I've seen it sell for 60 on Amazon so if you get one, shop around first.

2 comments:

  1. I love your new kit. I also have done one of these kits and am really pleased with it. I enjoyed it so much ( mine was a Christmas gift) that I have got a couple more. I got mine on "Aliexpress" they have a great selection thought you might like to know :).
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria,
    Thanks so much for letting me know; I'll check it out. I've never ordered from Aliexpress before. Which kit did you do?
    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete