Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Signed up for the Low Carb Challenge!

Well, this isn't going to be a crafty post, but I'm excited because I am starting a 2 week low carb weight loss challenge today.

I found the Diet Doctor website. 
online, and decided to give it a try.
It's totally free and they offer a 2 week challenge.  I signed up for it and discovered that new challenges start on Sundays...and today is Sunday!  Talk about good timing (for a change, lol).
Some of the recipes look yummy, but others I'll definitely be substituting, for example, I don't eat lamb and one of the days has a lamb recipe.  It will be easy to substitute another meal.
I'm probably not going to follow the recipe suggestions exactly anyway; it's a low carb high fat diet, and my Dad bought a new BBQ so he's been making loads of yummy proteins on the grill....all of which I'm allowed to eat.
The restrictions aren't bad either; I can still have my berries, and all veggies that grow above ground.  For the first two weeks I'm going to cut out root veggies because they are higher in carbs. 
No breads, no pastas, no potatoes, no crackers, no chips, etc., for 2 weeks, and probably longer if it works out.
 Bread and crackers will be a challenge, because I love soda crackers and eat them almost every day to help combat nausea.  My stomach gets upset a lot for some reason and the crackers help. 

I've been on low carb diets before (Atkins and South Beach) and have had really good results on both; 50 Ibs lost on Atkins, and 30 on South Beach, in a short time.  I also had another low carb high protein diet that I bought online years ago and lost a lot of weight following it.  I went off the diets because they were so restrictive and gained the weight back.
This time, I'm only going to try the 2 week challenge, to sort of kick start my weight loss. If I like the results, I'll re-evaluate in 2 weeks time.

OK, well, I have to go grocery shopping now, lol.
Take care, and wish me luck.  Join me if you like; it's fun to do this with others.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your journey - I don't know how much you'd like to lose, but like I said, good luck :)

    I have many times wondered if I should try myself some low carb diet - I have myself A LONG way to go - I would love to get of about 33 pounds- at least, but 50 to 55 would be even better..
    Haven't had much luck in past in my efforts - I guess my PCOS has given me "a little" help with getting everything go "into the woods" after some time of trying..
    Or maybe its just the fact that I have always tried to do it on my own - haven't had anyone to help me on the way..

    I guess there's many things that have led to the fact, that I haven't had much success in my attempts - the only thing I have achieved is the lost of believing that I can make it..

    I sure going to follow how you doing with your challenge :)

    Hugs, Irina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irina,
    Unfortunately, I have a LOT to lose; 100 Ibs. I've lost and regained so many times that I don't really believe in myself either, but I have to keep trying. This low carb is also high fat so it feels very strange, cooking with butter and cheese. It seems like I should gain weight but I'm only on day 3 and I'm down almost 5 Ibs already. If you want, check out the links on my blog and join me. It's fun to have a partner in crime :-).

    ReplyDelete