Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Dollar Tree Haul

I got lucky today...mini-lucky, that is, lol.
My prescription eyeglasses were (finally) ready today so I went to pick them up.  I could see so much more clearly with my new glasses, but it was an adjustment as I suddenly felt so much taller that I got dizzy trying to walk.  So I decided to go to the Dollar Tree, which was just across the hall from the eyeglass store.  And look what they had in stock!
Dollar Tree Haul!
I bought 4 chairs, two coffee tables, 3 side tables, 2 dressers, 2 chests of drawers, and what I thought were 2 beds but they're either toddler beds or large seats...I put Sadie on one to show scale.


Dollar tree furniture
 The other furniture is the right scale so I guess those beds are for children or toddlers.  I'll have to check.
New crafting glasses and eyeglass necklaces
 I used to have two pairs of glasses, one that I kept in the truck, and one in the house. Both were for distance.  This time I needed to either get bifocals or two separate prescriptions; one for distance and one for reading/crafts.  I wanted to use my old frames so I needed some way to tell the glasses apart so I wouldn't accidentally drive while wearing my reading glasses.  Luckily for me, one of my frames has rhinestones so I designated those the craft glasses.  I found a variety of eyeglass necklaces at the dollar tree and bought a bunch.  I put the ones that match my frames (not in the photo) on my distance glasses, and the purple ones on my craft glasses.  I can swap the other colors out on my distance glasses depending on what I wear.  I thought they were fun.
My craft glasses

 I like the purple necklace on my craft glasses, lol.  The eyeglass necklaces are so convenient.  I love that I can take my glasses off and have them hanging around my neck; that way I don't misplace them all of the time.
Rainbow
 It rained quite heavily today, and just after I took the photos of my haul, my Dad told me to look outside at the rainbow.  I managed to get a photo before it faded.  Then I turned around and looked out the front door and saw this amazing sunset, so I snapped another photo.  After that i went for a walk, but it started to rain again so I cut it short.
sunset
Hope you all had a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment