Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Day 5 of 2 week Low Carb Challenge

No pictures today; sorry.  I was so hungry I just ate, lol.
I was supposed to make Garlic Chicken today, but it just didn't appeal to me. 
Here's the link to the recipe, in case you like lots of garlic: Garlic Chicken Recipe

I had chicken stir fry instead, made with all veggies that grow above ground, as per dietdoctor.com rules.  I would normally eat this over rice or in a wrap, and I did plan on making cauliflower rice again (which I LOVE), but I got home late and was too hungry to make it, so I tore up some lettuce, chopped up half a tomato, and poured the stir fry over the lettuce and had a sort of hot salad.  I added a big spoon of sour cream and it was delicious, and nice and light tasting too, which is what I wanted after several days of very strong tasting foods.

Yesterday I skipped breakfast and lunch, and today I skipped breakfast but ate left over low carb pizza for lunch.  I only had a few pieces left because I had to share it with the dogs yesterday, lol, so I was very hungry by supper time.  I only had one serving of the chicken stir fry salad, and by 10 PM I was ravenous. I should have just gone to bed, lol, but I ate a left over piece of pepperoni and some cheese instead.  All low carb/high fat, so hopefully OK.  I had to share with Mac, my standard poodle.  He's been on steroids for a month now and the poor guy is ravenous all of the time.  I've been on steroids myself and know what it does to my appetite, so I can imagine what he is going through.

I walked 4 times this week but I had to give the dogs hair cuts yesterday and my whole body aches today; fibromyalgia is not kind after I spend over 3 hours hunched over double, like I did yesterday.  So no walk today.  My goal was to walk or do some sort of exercise at least 3 times a week, so I met my goal already.  Everything else is bonus.  I wanted to go for my walk, but every bit of me hurts.

Hope you all had a good day, and that nothing hurts on you :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment