Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Another Box from Amazon with More Art Books

 I love Amazon Prime, lol.

Today I got another package, with four items I ordered arriving together. 

I ordered some anti static gloves for use with my tablet, 2 books on art, and a cover for my tablet.  The cover was super cheap (4.99 Canadian) and it works great!  It even lets me stand my tablet up at an angle. I'll have to take a photo of it later.


Unboxing always makes me feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

Both books were amazing!  One, the Art For Kids; Cartooning, by Art Roche, was fantastic!  I know it was for kids, and it was so short I read the entire thing in probably half an hour, but it is full of great tips and beautiful cartoon style artwork.  It will take me ages to get through the lessons inside.

The second book, Draw 100 Things that Make You Happy by Christopher Hart is also beautiful, just chock full of gorgeous artwork.  I got it because I think the style I want to draw for my cartoon is somewhere between simple drawings and his style. Maybe fatter less stylish versions of his style, lol. 

I did more of my online art class from Udemy today, and am looking forward to doing some of the actual drawing lessons later today.  I have to eat supper first.  

My best friend is coming to town tomorrow. She is Canadian but married an American and lives in the US.  She can finally come to visit.  She only lives an hour and a half a way, but because of the border restrictions, I haven't seen her in a year and a half. That's the longest we've ever gone without seeing eachother.

She's only coming for the afternoon tomorrow; and will be spending most of her time with her Mom for this first visit.  Her Mom is now fully vaccinated, and so is my friend.  I am going for my second shot on Saturday.  Then it will take 2 weeks until I develop the antibodies, so I'll get to spend time with Laurie next time she visits. Tomorrow we'll just stay 6 feet apart and visit in the back yard (her Mom lives next door to me).  


No comments:

Post a Comment